Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dying is Worth Living For

 Hey crazy cats, greetings from the icy depths known as Florida. We woke up this morning with temperatures in the low 30's! Wow! Talk about a wake up. I moved down here to escape the cold weather and it seems to be following me. I guess the saying is true; you can run, but you can't hide. However, I keep on. The weather will soon get back to normal and I'll be back in my short sleeves and shorts.
 Today's entry is going to be an extension of what I've been writing about recently. I've noticed that occurrences have been happening that have merited me to touch on the subject. I don't pretend to be an expert on any subject. let's face it, I'm not even a novice! however, from what I learn, I share.
 Today I want to talk about the human spirit and its need to triumph. We all love the underdog stories. We love "Rocky". We've all cheer at the end of "The Karate Kid". We all cried at the end of "Men of Honor". We are all taught to fight and triumph over adversity. It is embedded in our DNA. It is the thing to do. Never give up. Never die.
 We see it everyday in sports. Athletes battle everyday for victory. They fight for the honor and prestige of being known as champions. They get paid a outrageous salary to perform and succeed at their respected profession.
 However, one thing that we haven't been educated to do is lose. We were never trained to die. We never like or acknowledge defeat. We fear death from the moment we are born. We look at death as though it is the end of existence.We make excuses when don't succeed. Bruce Lee once said, "To accept defeat — to learn to die — is to be liberated from it."
 Once we accept defeat, death, or any other form of failure, we are liberated from them. We no longer fear the world. We no longer fear our limitations. We are not bound to the mediocre existence that others dread. We finally begin to live. We finally begin to cherish life. We see the beauty of it all.
  Life isn't about whose the fastest, whose the strongest, or whose the smartest. Life is about enjoying the journey, seeing the beauty, feeling the warmth of it all. We see the wonders of what the Devine Creator wanted us to see. We see the newborn's smile while they sleep. We see the colors of the sunset for the first time. We hear our souls for the first time.
 Now with all that being said, failure (actually, the acknowledgement of it potential existence) is actually a good thing. When we see life without limitations, we brave a new frontier. That, my friends, is one of my new things I've learned.
 Well, it's another one done. I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season. Keep safe and dream big.

No comments: