Friday, December 17, 2010

Who You Foolin' ?

 Hello crazy cats! It's finally getting warm here in Florida! I no longer have to turn on the heater at night and wear my long-johns to work....Actually, the only thing I did was turn on the heater. The cold-spell is finally leaving us.
 Well, it's almost Christmas. The trees are in homes across America. Almost everybody have finished their Christmas shopping. The families are making last-minute tweaks to their traveling plans, in order to see their loved ones. The festiveness is in the air.
 Two weeks from now, we bid 2010 goodbye. It was a rough year, but I feel it was a year of learning and growing. This year, I learned so much about myself. I've learned to truly forgive others, to move passed petty things that bothered me for so long and finally the meaning of being an open book to the rest of the world.
 In my journeys, I have let many, including everyone who read this blog, in on the ups and downs of this exploration. I haven't hid much, when it came to the pain and triumphs in my life. Many a times, I have wondered the reason or lesson behind some of the things that have happen. Sometimes, the lessons are easy. They are straight-forward and clear. Other times, it is like trying to find out the beginning and end of a noodle in a spaghetti plate.
 On thing I have tried to apply to every facet in my life is be true to oneself. Believe it or not, we do lie to ourselves. We lose track of our light within us. We forget to see things through the right lenses. We blame others for our misfortunes. We try not to accept responsibilities.
 Being true to oneself is to really be honest. If something is a crutch, vice, or addiction to us, accept it. Acceptance is the first part. Case in point, if we get to work late everyday, then we shouldn't be annoyed when we get called on it. If we lie to the people we care for, then why do we get upset when they call us on it? If we become angry at people after we did them wrong, then expect nothing good of it.
 We reap what we sow. There are times when we get shafted. It does happen. Case in point #2, I recently let myself really wide open. I trusted a certain person. I felt that I could say and reveal anything. I did. This person didn't hurt me, not one bit. However, they didn't even acknowledge the fact of my effort. It stung just a little. I was kind of bruised.
 Was it done intentionally? I doubt it. Was it done out of fear? Tough one to call. It isn't easy. I'm not easy. So the question is was I honest with myself? I guess I wasn't. I tried to fit a square peg in a triangle hole. I tried to turn a blind eye to the rest of the factors in a complex equation. In short, I lied to myself. Why? I don't have an answer.
  I don't want to go down that road again. However, as human as I am, I will. It's human nature. It bites. It stinks, but it's life. The easy way around this is to be honest with oneself. That way, All the obstacles are cleared. Once we are honest with ourselves, we have a peaceful conscience. We have no reason, on our part with our soul, to be upset, angry, or disillusioned.
 When we begin to be honest and accept ourselves, we begin a metamorphosis into someone better, someone we want to become. Well, this one is done. Everyone take care. Hopefully, I will make one more entry before the year is out. have fun! Keep safe and dream big!

No comments: