Monday, December 6, 2010

Open Door Policy

 Hey crazy cats,  it's another entry in the insanity known as this website. It's been awhile since my last entry. it has been busy in my life, but I really want to make at least one more entry before the year is out. So, as usual, I'm going to jump into thee subject of this here blog-thingy.
Recently, I came across an interesting life lesson. It came in the form of a question. The question is ; "does everyone I know know how I feel about them?" How many times have we let those opportune moments pass us by? We take them for granted. We  believe that we will always have tomorrow. We forget  how fragile our lives really are.
 We sometimes take the people in our lives for granted too. I'm not saying that death is always at our  doorstep. Sometimes, if we wait too long, they leave. They don't leave because they want to. They leave because we push them to.
 There are times where we don't say an "I love you" or an "you mean so much to me" or even an "I'm glad you're here". Sometimes, people leave because they feel unwanted or unneeded. Sometimes, we do need words of enlightenment. We do need to know where we stand.
 We  must always strive to be open books. We shouldn't keep our true feelings hidden from our loved ones. How do you  expect to grow and prosper if you keep that seedling in your heart hidden from the sun? If we are afraid of getting hurt, it renders us weak and afraid to let our hearts grow. If problems are like rain, then we must let it rain. Even plants need rain  to grow.
 If we are afraid to live and love, then we are already dead. If we are afraid to dare, then we have stopped dreaming. If we lose faith, then our lives have no meaning. It is easy to pretend to live and be strong. However, living is taking that risk. Living is being courageous and making your own destiny.
 Do not be afraid to tell anyone how you feel. Everyone you meet is in your life for a purpose. Cherish them. Care for them. Let them know.
 We are only here on this earth for a little while. We are here for only a fraction of  a billionth of a moment. Let's make it worthwhile. Be not afraid of being true to yourself. Be honest and explore. Love while you still can.
 Well, I'm going to call this one done. Before I go, I want to wish everyone a happy holidays. Have fun and enjoy one another. Keep safe and dream big.

2 comments:

Karnivor76 said...

Perhaps you're asking yourself the wrong question. In order to know how you feel about everyone, maybe you need to ask how everyone feels about you.

Sam said...

Very interesting! Thanks for the response. I'm more of a giver though... however, that doesn't mean I will not take your advise. Thank you..